I don't think Nomex has anything to do with RF suits or EMR suits.
They are fire retardant suits for people who fly and do other things where
they don't want to get burned up.

As to your XM transmitter, I have one at one of my sites.
My friend put some pics on his web page.
http://jawga.com/radio.php

Here are some guidelines we got when they put one on one of our towers.

XM Radio Freq Frequency: 2332.5-2345 MHz
To accomplish this,  XM-Radio alone will set up about 1,500 high-power
terrestrial repeaters.
Each market will typically have dual repeaters at  2337.485 MHz and 2340.015
MHz.
 CAUTION:  STAY CLEAR OF XM-RADIO & SIRIUS TRANSMIT ANTENNAS
The radiation in an operational system is similar to that of a MICROWAVE
OVEN!
Avoid the main lobe while servicing equipment on your tower.

Ralph