Almost all HTTP content is gzip'ed already.  I doubt any compression
above that is going to be worth the CPU time cost.

Even if the software was free, who would support the people who are
terrified to install anything at all?

On 3/9/10, Scottie Arnett <sarn...@info-ed.com> wrote:
> If you really check into it, it is a data compression deal. Much like
> zipping up the data with winzip before it crosses the data layer. I really
> do not see how it can help with broadband in any sense. I used to use the
> same type deals on dial-up.
>
> Scottie

> From: "David E. Smith" <d...@mvn.net>
> Date:  Mon, 8 Mar 2010 13:56:22 -0600
>
>>On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 13:45, Marlon K. Schafer
>> <o...@odessaoffice.com>wrote:
>>
>>> OK, this looks interesting.  It would be nice to drop the amount of data
>>> across especially busy parts of the network!
>>>
>>> Anyone else used this or something similar?
>>>

>>This looks a lot like the dialup accelerator software packages that were
>> all
>>the rage several years ago. I'd just about bet Propel's service requires
>>software to be installed on the customer's PC. Assuming that's the case,
>> you
>>won't be able to install it on a Netflix box or a PS3 or basically anything
>>that's not a standard desktop computer. Thus, depending on your customer
>>base, you may not see all that much traffic reduction.
>>
>>We have something similar, from another vendor. It works well enough,
>> though
>>we were marketing it primarily towards dialup users; at the time (several
>>years ago) the effects on a 1Mbps connection were negligible. This probably
>>has changed over time, but our vendor wanted a crazy amount of money to
>> sell
>>us an update that would be compatible with Windows Vista, so we haven't
>>really tested it in quite a while.
>>
>>David Smith
>>MVN.net

>>Archives: http://lists.wispa.org/pipermail/wireless/
>>---
>>[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Declude Virus]
>>

> Wireless High Speed Broadband service from Info-Ed, Inc. as low as
> $30.00/mth.
> Check out www.info-ed.com/wireless.html for information.

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343
1100 Wayne St
Suite 1337
Troy, OH 45373

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to
continue that counts.”
--- Winston Churchill