Maybe I read too much into it, but here it he language I was referring to.
*
Radio stations must be licensed by the FCC pursuant to 47 U.S.C. S: 301.
*    The only exception to this licensing requirement is for certain
    transmitters using or operating at a power level or mode of operation that
    complies with the standards established in Part 15 of the Commission's
    rules. Nonlicensed operation pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC's rules,
    however, is conditioned upon compliance with all applicable regulations in
    the subpart. 47 C.F.R. S: 15.1(b). All intentional radiators, such as your
    U-NII device, operating pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC's rules must be
    certified for use as a Part 15 device. 47 C.F.R. S: 15.201(b). The
    Motorola Canopy device, model # 5700BH20, FCC ID ABZ89F-C5804, is not
    authorized for use on frequency 5.60 GHz. Accordingly, you are not in
    compliance with the requirements of Part 15 of the FCC's rules. Therefore,
    your operations must be licensed by the FCC.*The FCC has no record of a
    license being issued to you to operate a transmitter on 5.61 GHz from your
    location.*Thus, this station is operating in violation of 47 U.S.C.
    S: 301.

http://www.fcc.gov/eb/FieldNotices/2003/DOC-290775A1.html

On 3/15/2010 12:16 PM, Jack Unger wrote:
> I don't recall hearing or reading that but I don't have a photographic
> memory (at least not anymore). Can you cut and paste a copy of the
> language that you are referring to?
>
> Randy Cosby wrote:
>> In the enforcement letters, it mentions licensing some of the 5.4
>> frequencies.  Is that really even an option?
>>
>> Randy
>>

>> On 3/13/2010 9:50 AM, Jack Unger wrote:
>>
>>> That requirement was done several years ago to avoid military radars.

Randy Cosby
Vice President
InfoWest, Inc

435-674-0165 x 2010

http://www.infowest.com/

"Letting off steam always produces more heat than light." - Neal A. Maxwell