From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On Behalf
Of Patrick Shoemaker
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2010 2:25 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] EMI Filtering

Yes, I'd start by putting that filter you found on the incoming power to
the switch enclosure. Also,

-Make sure the door is bonded to the enclosure cabinet with a ground
strap at minimum, preferably metal EMI gasket around door seal also

-Keep the size of any enclosure penetrations to a minimum, though at FM
frequencies you should be okay here

-Make sure the liquid tight is bonded to the enclosure and APs

-Make sure AP cases are bonded to enclosure through equipment grounds

-You're using shielded RJ45's at both ends of the STP between switch and
APs, right? Is this a PoE switch or is there some hacking of the
ethernet cables going on to inject power for the APs?

What kind of APs?

Patrick Shoemaker
Vector Data Systems LLC
shoemak...@vectordatasystems.com