FYI.

If anyone is using Seagate 7200.11 SATA hard drives (500gb to the terabyte)
and have been experiencing random blue screens  or lockups, they have been
having firmware problems for awhile on these drives and you should backup
your data and send them back to Seagate via RMA.    The 7200.11 can be
usually found on the top left hand corner.

I've found that even in a raid, they can fail pretty much at the same time
and thus thwarting the protection of the raid.

I've talked to one other WISPA member who had this problem (As well as my
own experience with them - 5 sent back already on my own)  and thought
others may want to look to see what's in their servers.  They were flashed
with the wrong firmware and experience a countdown of sorts then eventually
fail.  Again, if in a raid, they will essentially fail at the same time if
installed at the same time.

I have went as far as RMAing one that showed no issues and they replaced
that one as well with no questions.

Robert West

Just Micro Digital Services Inc.

740-335-7020