Yes but..... Diversity does not necessarilly yield the same percentage
improvement in bands like 900Mhz as it does in 2.4, 3,6 and 5.8.

When we field tested Aperto Pre-Wimax in 5.8 a few years back, we learned a
bit on Polarity diversity. Aperto had a really cool tool that measured both
pols side by side, and you could watch the Polarity shift in varying amounts
over time (combined with effects from fade and multipath), by watching the
RSSI change on each polarty individually and having it graphed. It was
amazing to see how much it varied between pols and how much it changed over
time (meaning seconds), a huge amount. It was a sure testimonial for benefit
of Pol diversity in reflective areas, in low noise areas. (note we chose not
to use it because in high noise congested areas it was more important to
have polarity isolation to enable more channel use and avoid noise, and at
the time we thought AP was to expensive for a 6mhz channel).  WaveRider
replicated the idea in 900Mhz with their peanut shaped diversity CPE,
understanding that polarity rotated as obstacles were hit.  But I'm not sure
that we really noticed that much improvement in our Waverider 900Mhz
diversity trials. Again, polarity isolation yielded so much more benefit
than the minor benefit 900 showed with pol diversity.  I do not know whether
Alvarion 16.d uses pol or spatial diversity or other more complex method.
But what we learned from Chuck's trials was that what ever it was, it made a
huge difference in his 3.65 diversity trials.

My point here is that Diversity can make a huge difference, "diversity" is
the differenciator, but that the benefit of diversity can vary dependant on
the Freq used and environment tackling, based on past experience.

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband