From: "Justin Wilson" <li...@mtin.net>
To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>; "Steve Barnes"
<st...@pcswin.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 8:15 AM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Found a spot

>   The 3 worst customers I have are a friend I meet every Friday with for
> breakfast and 2 relatives.  I worked way too hard to get them service and
> should have just told them no.  Instead I get a weekly report of all the
> things they can't do on our service.

I had a friend like this. I stopped having lunch with him until he got the
hint. :-)

Seriously though it¹s about managing expectations.  If you are up front with
a potential customer they will thank you for it.  If your network can¹t
support what you sell then the network needs to be upgraded or what you are
selling needs to be re-thought.  I am a big fan of firing customers.  If the
service can't do what they want then they need to move on.

I think customers are interested in the following (order varies on customer,
competition in area, and other factors)

-Quality of service
-Pricing
-Support
-ease of use
-Support for non standard things (VPN, P2P, etc.)

I think Comcast and the others are learning it¹s not good to block p2p.
Instead ding the customer if they go over X amount of gigs a month.

Justin