Interesting....  So then, I guess this brings up another issue. Could the
Cellular company also be held liable? Could they have mounted their cabling
a different way that would have better disappated heat or isolated their
cabling from the tower, knowing that one day it might need welding
maintenance? Or onsucg structures should a fire-retardent type cable be
used?

Lets use another example, if a WISP mounts his cable on a Chimney, and the
home owner lights a fire.... Is the home owner or WISP responsible if the
cable catches fire?
I'd argue the WISP becaue they should ahve known that one day heat could be
an issue that needed delt with. So taking the same logic, shouldn't the
Cellular company have known the same?

What are best practices for mounting Cable on Water Towers? How can law
suits be avoided? Are they going to hold a WISP responsible for repainting
the tower (with expensive epoxy paint), if they clamp and strap radios and
cables to water tank legs and rails?

Or is the secret to use an engineering company to certify the paln, and get
the county to certify the engineer, so the Engineer would be responsible? Or
should the county be responsible for letting the cellular cable up there,
knowing that it could be a risk to welders?

My point here is.... I'm not confident that just the welder was responsible.
I would think there would have to be some sort of neglect proven.
It would be interesting to see the outcome.

It would also be interesting to see if a suit gets opened by the welders,
arguing that teh welders were put in danger due to inadequate ventelation
inside teh water tower, and against the cable company from not adequately
isolating the cables from the tower?

Who's authority is it to say what best practices are right, to prevent
accidents?

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband