Hardcoding one side of an ethernet link to 100/FDX and leaving the other
on autonegotiate will result in a duplex mismatch due to the way the
autonegotiation works. Cisco has a nice article about this:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_tech_note09186a00800a7af0.shtml

Patrick Shoemaker
Vector Data Systems LLC
shoemak...@vectordatasystems.com