The specs of the New PowerBridgeM5 had been publisized, but not yet available
at distributors. For those like me that are impatience, we came up with the
next best thing.
The Home Brew Power Bridge!

We found that the ArcWireless Gen2 enclosure matched with a Rocket makes a
great PTP link, similar to the New PowerBridgeM5.

The ArCWireless 24db Dual pol panel w/ RSMA is available for about $135, and
has excellent specs, boasting almost 40db of isolation between pol connectors.
The Gen2 back enclosure is required in order to connect a mount to the antenna,
which adds about another $35, but its a really nice swivel mount, and the
enclosure adds some extra F/B isolation for the Rocket radio itself (made of
plastic).  The Rocket MIMO is good to use, not only because the $90 price tag,
but because the Ubiquiti N radios lead the industry with up to 27db of TX power
in 5.x.  Even in highest modulation, a full 22db is possible.  If we do the
math, this will allow a 15" panel antenna to be used to acheive the same TX
power that alternative radio brnads may require a 2ft dish to acheive. (Thus
conserving space on poles, and improving cosmetic appeal).

We learned a Dremel w/ appropriate bit can cut the Gen2 case easilly.  We trace
the Rocket shape along the bottom, and cut out a hole to match that lets the
Rocket slide right through snug. BUT, the Rocket's pole mount clips are
PERFECTLY SPACED, so that when it slides in the hole, the brackets keep the
rocket from sliding to far through. It allows the rocket to slide just far
enough so that the RSSI LEDs can be seen outside the Gen2 enclosure, and Just
enough so the ETH access panel can be removed for maintenance and connection.
All the RF connectors are safe and sound inside the enclosure out of weather
harm's way.

The new V5.2 firmware really hums along nicely.  I am quite impressed with the
quality and speed of this configuration.

Click this link to see the pictures.
http://www.rapiddsl.net/arc-rocket-inside.jpg
http://www.rapiddsl.net/arc-rocket-outside.jpg

Unfortuntately, I'm scare to death to use it for anything to critical, because
if noise is unexpectedly experienced on one of the two polarities, I've been
told that there is no way to disable one of the polarities, if one develops
interference. It can be tough finding 5.8 channels that are free on both Pols.
But uniquely, Ubiquiti does support MIMO on as low as 5Mhz channel widths, and
allows setting offset center frequencies, to have more options to try to find
channels that is interference free on both pols.

In this case, I'm using the Rocket as the primary link to increase capacity.
Then I have a backup Trango Radio link. So if the PRimary has interference that
cant be resolved,  I can switch to the backup, until I have time to make the
truck roll to the cell site to physically disconnect or swap one of the
Internal cables/ polarities. (I dont trust the automatic self disable)  But for
me, it was a good way to get some temp speed, until I can afford the upgrade to
licensed. Its a 15mile link.

Quick note, we also had done some more MIkrotik MIMO testing. We like the newer
MIkrotik N card, that is HP. Its the one with MMCX connectors. It also has a
nice metal Shield around the RF circuitry. It adds a lot more TX power. Its
still about 3db less power than the Ubiquiti N radios, but its a step up from
the original MIktoik card that was 5 db or so less.  I'm mentioning this
because whe nwe retested with the newer model HP mikrotikcard, we did infact
get cleaner radio links. Not tons better, but we did pickup about 3mbps of
capacity, comparatively to the older MT card. We also picked up a tad bit
better TCP throughput through the radio link laptop to laptop. I think it was
because the RF had less packet loss/self noise, because the better made
shielded card. We have not been able to get the MT to pass as much capacity as
the Ubiquiti yet, but we are still working on it.

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
301-515-7774
IntAirNet - Fixed Wireless Broadband