Stick with Kohler.

There are tons of brands - however...  The Sine wave that is produced buy
others will absolutely kill your UPS's
Take it from someone that has learned the hard way.

Cat has some higher end that work very well - as well.   Kohler does much of
what the PMG will do for you naturally.
Also

OVERSIZE...

Our needs are 60 - so we went with 130KW.

Gruber Power will spec everything for you out at no cost.    then use that to
shop around :-)

On Jul 29, 2010, at 3:02 PM, Chuck Hogg wrote:

> Ok, so I am in the market for a Generator.  Looking for probably 30-45kW.
> I’ve heard people say  I need a PMG Exciter??  Anyone with experience in
> doing this?   It’s to support our datacenter, a few racks, a few 2200 UPS’s
> and PDU’s, and Cooling.  I find all kinds of different ones on eBay and
> elsewhere, and am hoping someone already did the legwork and figured out
> everything they needed and can share?
>
> Regards,
> Chuck Hogg
> Shelby Broadband
> 502-722-9292
> ch...@shelbybb.com
> http://www.shelbybb.com

Glenn Kelley | Principle | HostMedic |www.HostMedic.com
  Email: gl...@hostmedic.com
Pplease don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.