I agree with Fred on this. I have read many of his statements on
cybertelecom's email list. If you are an ISP, I strongly recommend that
you join it off of < http://www.cybertelecom.org/ >

Since around 2002, maybe a little earlier, at the time of The
Tauzin-Dingell Telecom Bill, the Congress, and the FCC pretty much did
away with "line sharing" or the ability for us(ISP's) to use any lines
provided by Ilec's(< http://www.manymedia.com/futures/tauzding.html >).
After this it lead to the "Triennial Review." All this finally leads to
the fact that the ILEC's do not even have to share their fiber.

Fred may not agree with me on this, but as far as I can see it, the FCC
and Congress have been out to do away with the small ISP's since around
2000. They have one agenda, that makes it even more sound is that in the
last few months, the FCC has now classified broadband as 4 meg down/1 meg
up. That not only has DE-classified many of the WISP as providing
broadband, but also the satellite providers, and many DSL systems.

I recently had an awakening, on the 2nd round BIP, that even though my
company had coverage in the same area as a Rural Telco(Twin Lakes
Telephone Cooperative) they could apply for BIP, but I could not because
they already had USDA funding as a Telco. Guess what? They received 16
million in grants and also received 16 million in low cost loans to
provide FTTH in my coverage area.

Call me what you will, but the FCC and everything behind them only want
the duopoly of cable and telco to deal with. We are just pissing in the
wind and it is why I have not joined WISPA yet. I may be missing the boat,
but I am waiting for WISPA to prove me wrong. I have seen beyond and
experienced beyond the norm. Show me something that I can have faith(and
provide financial incentives) in or I will stay exactly where I am at and
look for other income.

Scottie Arnett
Info-Ed, Inc.