On 08/31/2010 06:02 PM, MDK wrote:
> As the distances go up, the longer it takes for the packet to be transmitted
> from one point to another, and the round trip time grows, which reduces the
> throughput.

That doesn't sound right to me...radio waves travel at the speed of
light. There is some round trip time for internal electronics
processing, but usually what happens is that on further links the
radio's have to go to a more robust modulation scheme such as QPSK
rather them QAM so you can't transmit as much info. Of course to
compensate for that you can increase the frequency being used, higher
power, etc.

Bret