Yes we are using Ubiquiti instead of Mikrotik.
We always have, because we will not build our own uncertified gear. If it
comes down to an interference issue we do not want the FCC fine or the
stigma of being nailed for violating FCC rules.

That said, we like the routerboards pretty well for use at our hotspots,
with certified radios. The routerboards have a lot of features.

As far as UBNT goes, the person who said Airmax is a game changer is
correct.

We are sometimes even able to use UBNT in situations where we might have
used an Orthagon (sic?)
We can use narrower channels and get more bandwidth
When (and I'm sure it is coming) timing/synch becomes available, it will
frost the cake.
The support organization listens to users and takes suggestions and doesn't
break more things than it fixes.

And finally- I think it is absolutely hilarious that the latest MT
innovation is a device that leverages something that UBNT already developed
(this routerboard that snaps on a UBNT dish thingie). Of course I would snap
on a Rocket M5 instead- it has an FCC sticker (ducking).