From: "Vyacheslav Vasilyev" <s...@unidata.com.ua>
Sent: Saturday, September 04, 2010 5:38 PM
To: fai...@snappydsl.net, "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Subject: Re: [WISPA] mikrotik vs ubiquiti

We have tested   RB 411AH, (AR7161 680MHz, RAM 64 MB), miniPCI R52Hn
(AR9220 802.11n, OS Mikrotik v.4.6 and  UNBT Rocket M5 (Atheros MIPS 24KC,
400MHz)
1)     LAB tests (connection via coax cable with attenuators)
-max  duplex throughput (iperf udp, 1470 bytes payload ) in 20 MHz channel
bandwidth, MIMO 2x2 Tx/Rx Rate 130/130  of  RB/R52Hn ( Nstreme Off ) is  49
Mbps duplex , Rocket -39 Mbps
- max duplex throughput  at   64  bytes UDP packet size  is reduced  for RB
 to 6.8 Mbps duplex, Rocket - 5.7 Mbps duplex.  Throughput at small packets
size  of both devices is the same in 20 , 40 MHz channel bandwidth, and
does not depend on  using 1 or 2 chains.
We noticed  that internal bandwidth test ( between wireless interfaces ) at
small packets shows much higher throughput than via Ethernet+wireless.
- RB pps is  higher than Rocket and is equal approx 28K ( in + out) in lab.
 Rocket has  about 24K. Max pps does not depends on channel size 20 or 40,
1 or 2 chains,
  In comparison we  tested in lab  the same board RB411AH with CM9 802.11a
card  ( Nstreme  On, packet aggregation frame policy  is 3200). In this
mode unit has 39K pps. In Nstreme off mode this unit has only 4K pps.

Vyacheslav Vasilyev
UNIDATA
Fixed  BWA solution