Thanks, all.  I'll be working it later again......

Bob-

-----Original Message-----
From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Butch Evans
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2010 1:07 AM
To: fai...@snappydsl.net; WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Mikrotik VPN Script

On Tue, 2010-09-21 at 23:09 -0400, Faisal Imtiaz wrote:
> Let me clarify...
>
> As long as you get a valid IP on your PPTP client, from the PPTP Server,
> and the default route to the PPTP server, then you should be able to get
> to any of the IP's (public or private) being routed on that MK box.

Of course.  There are ways to make it work and there are other ways to
make it work.  For some reason, some people like to use the same subnet
even though their interface (the pptp server interface) is not on the
same segment.  To make that work, you need proxy-arp (since arp won't
work considering you are not on that segment).  I don't have time to
write a full tutorial for why it is that way.  I am sure I have done so
in the past...search the archives for proxy-arp and you'll likely find
one.  It is possible that I even posted a blog entry detailing this as
well.

* Butch Evans                   * Professional Network Consultation*
* http://www.butchevans.com/    * Network Engineering              *
* http://store.wispgear.net/    * Wired or Wireless Networks       *
* http://blog.butchevans.com/   * ImageStream, Mikrotik and MORE!  *

----