OOps, I did get it backwards....LOL.

In that case.... My advice for Marco would be.... Reach out to the new WISP,
and make sure they know you are there, and how to contact you if needed.
Engineering non-interference, is better than reacting to it, for both
parties.
Knowing your competitor's equipment traits, limits, and options, helps one
come up with ideas to co-exist.

The one big advice I'd give the Canopy user to watch out for would be that,
unlike the Canopy gear, the Ubiquiti gear will allow the operator to operate
illegally if the operator configures itself to do so. In otherwords, they
could install an AP with a Ubiquiti 20dbi antenna, and still set radio power
up to 26db. (10 dbi over legal). If you run into a interference war and
start to loose, examine whether the other WISP is operating within legal
power or not. Just in case, they left radios at defaults, and forgot to set
down to legal power.

I'd also add that the Canopy subs might be more at risk if using the basic
8dbi 60 deg Canopy CPEs.
(Please note, I probably have these CPE specs wrong, I'm only familiar with
the 5.8G specs, and Mario mentioned 2.4G).
The Ubiquiti platform is really cheap to add high gain CPEs.
It would be worth taking a look at what subs might have CPEs with their
beamwidths looking in the direction of the Ubiquiti tower 2 miles away.
Its also relevent to examine the AP height of the deployments, to get an
idea if the CPEs will be pointing to the sky, or horizontally.

Interference may not only be a factor of AP interference. Reason is APs will
be low power under 36db. But the CPE rules that allow high gain at the CPE
will make the CPE transmits travel much farther at stronger strength. So,
its feasible new CPEs of competitor could interfere with your CPEs. And its
feasible a High gain 2.4G CPE could transmit it signal 30 miles, and have a
high signal at only 2 miles.

This is not a big issue with 5.3 and 5.4, because the CPE EIRP is fixed to
the same as the AP. But with 2.4, it cold be an issue. ON day one that the
Ubiquiti APs are installed will not tell you the amount of interference you
will get. Every new Ubiquiti CPE installed could add to the interference.
Its definately helps if the APs are mounted higher, so CPEs point up.

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband