  From: Randy Cosby
  To: bwebs...@wirelessmapping.com ; WISPA General List
  Sent: Monday, October 11, 2010 7:54 AM
  Subject: Re: [WISPA] Time to update the National WISP Map?

  Brian,

  Any tips on turning radiomobile coverage overlays into shape files?  I've
been playing with some open source tools and have made a little progress, but
haven't had time to refine the technique yet.  I think if ISPs could produce
shape files more easily, the response would be much greater.   For our state
program (Utah), we gave them gps coords  for each subscriber, which they used
to extrapolate approximate area.  I know they also accepted radiomobile graphic
overlays and converted them for some ISP's.  Of course they have millions of
dollars to spend on such projects...  I was disappointed with how few did
submit this round.

  Randy