Faisal,

Thank you for taking the time to search and locate the prefix for the FCC ID. That prefix does indicate that the amplifier is certified as part of a kit using the WLAN-LCUSB-03 wireless adapter. So if Greg wants to extend the range of his computer using this particular adapter on Channel 6 then this complete kit (or similar) will be legal for him to use.

From L-Com's website

"The USB 802.11g adapter included with this kit is a L-com WLAN-LCUSB-03. This adapter features a reverse polarity SMA antenna port for use with the included rubber duck antenna. For proper operation, the drivers and wireless utility included on the CD in the kit must be installed. Note: The USB wireless adapter included with this kit is factory set to operate on channel 6 only."

Greg hasn't advised whether this is the use that he wants to put this kit to so I await further information from him regarding his intended use.

By the way, it seems rather unfortunate (or perhaps very deliberate) that L-Com also includes on the same webpage the following:

Similar Products In Stock
100 mW 2.4 GHz 802.11g Indoor WiFi Amplifier, RP-TNC Connectors     100 mW 2.4 GHz 802.11g Indoor WiFi Amplifier, RP-TNC Connectors
Your Price:       $129.90
Availability:       In Stock

So here they are advertising the same line of amplifiers NOT as part of a certified kit but all alone. Yet it is illegal to sell amplifiers that are not part of a certified kit, right? No, it is legal to sell them if they are "replacement" amplifiers intended to replace a amplifier that IS part of a certified kit but in which the original amplifier has failed and needs replacement.

Is L-Com truly being ethical here and following the law or are they deliberately making it possible to buy amplifiers which are legal only under very limited, not-really-very- useful for legitimate WISP conditions?

You decide.

And then there are their 25-watt 2.4 GHz amplifiers that are sold NOT as a part of any certified kit. Is that ethical? Well, they include the language "These amplifier products are available only for export, military, licensed amateur radio and OEM component sales and are not offered for general sale within the USA.". I guess that make it OK, right?

jack