I have xr9 cards that just suddenly keep dropping.  Replacing them seems to fix it.

One way to tell...  force the card to use only the lowest modulation level for Tx.  If card then stays associated, then very likely card bad...

This works on the xr9...  Not completely sure the sr9 responds the same way, but may be worth a try...