Is that covered at http://fcc.gov/eb/Orders/Welcome.html or
http://fcc.gov/eb/FieldNotices/ ?

>> I'd rather see the TDWR band notched out than any kind of required GPS
>> and database...
> Notching may be the ultimate outcome for all new equipment. The disadvantage
> is
> that notching deprives everyone from using the spectrum, even the 90% of
> operators who are nowhere near a TDWR system.

Very true.

>> What is going on with the 3.65 stuff?  I still think we need some kind
>> of license enforcement there...

Why?

> WISPA recently had it's first 3650 Steering Committee meeting and it was
> agreed
> that major work (education, best practices, possible rules changes, etc.) is
> needed because the interference situation is getting way out of hand.

Hmmm. Interesting. That's news to me. Where does one see info about the
violations? Is it happening on private lists or something? I don't
recall any complaints on the WISPA general list about it.

 There are
> also more and more illegal (unlicensed) "bootleggers" using the band. One
> solution (among many) is to use a regional email list to coordinate between
> different operators. This is in use now in Phoenix.

Hmmmm. Well illegal/unlicensed use is a clear enforcement action and
should be referred to the FCC EB. Coordination among entities... as I
recall that was very vague in the R&O.

- --
Charles N Wyble (char...@knownelement.com)
Systems craftsman for the stars