All of my customers are through wireless medium.  There are a handful with
the credit card processing machines you see everywhere (the blue thin
ones).  No complaints.  90% of these units have a 10baseT (that's ten not
one hundred) Ethernet port.  I have seen a couple that DO NOT have an
Ethernet port.

Every provider I have ever talked to supported both mediums.  Every customer
will thank you greatly for moving them to Ethernet instead of dial up -
transactions are at least a tenth the time.  Call the merchant, say you want
to use Ethernet instead of phone (you may need dial tone for this migration
period!!!) and they'll tell you what to push.

http://www.floridamerchantunion.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/vx510_39.jpg

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343