Also keep in mind that most transactions done with these machines over POTS are unencrypted. So don't try to plug one into a VoIP ATA.

On 4/11/2011 20:20, Josh Luthman wrote:
All of my customers are through wireless medium. There are a handful with the credit card processing machines you see everywhere (the blue thin ones). No complaints. 90% of these units have a 10baseT (that's ten not one hundred) Ethernet port. I have seen a couple that DO NOT have an Ethernet port.

Every provider I have ever talked to supported both mediums. Every customer will thank you greatly for moving them to Ethernet instead of dial up - transactions are at least a tenth the time. Call the merchant, say you want to use Ethernet instead of phone (you may need dial tone for this migration period!!!) and they'll tell you what to push.

http://www.floridamerchantunion.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/vx510_39.jpg

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343