From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of John McDowell
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2011 9:33 PM
To: Principal WISPA Member List; WISPA General List; motor...@afmug.com
Subject: [WISPA] Thanks to those concerned

Our network admin's house, Marlon Williamson who is active on these lists,
was completely demolished with him and his family inside. I went by there
today and it looks like a war zone. Complete destruction a half mile in each
direction with what was his house in the middle. Across the road some people
were found dead lying in a church parking lot and nearby field.  A Sara Lee
truck pulled up today in a small town called Henagar at the 4 way stop,
opened the 18 wheeler doors, and you would've thought it was a third world
country watching the people rush to get bread.

Somehow our network was left unscathed. I drove to most of our sites today,
all in tact. One water tank may have some lightning damage in the cabinet
but not much it seems. We were truly blessed.

We've been without power for over 24 hours. All of N. Alabama is without
power. People are lining up at gas stations thinking the power is going to
come on but the TVA has given a best case scenario of 5 days. Judging from
the damage I've seen, it will be more like 2 weeks. High Voltage lines have
been twisted and blown over like pretzels all over the county.

Jay, I haven't had time to read any emails, but if I can be of assistance I
will try. I am kind of a one man show at this point with all my employees
tending to their families. Water has been cut off in most homes across the
county. Its almost unbelievable what is transpiring. It could get ugly
quick.

Regards,

John M. McDowell
Boonlink Communications
307 Grand Ave NW
Fort Payne, AL 35967
256.844.9932 Office
j...@boonlink.com
www.boonlink.com

you may not use, copy, re-transmit, or disclose to anyone the message or any
information contained in the message. If you have received the message in
error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail j...@boonlink.com, and
delete the message. E-mail communication is highly susceptible to spoofing,
spamming, and other tampering, some of which may be harmful to your
computer. If you are concerned about the authenticity of the message or the
source, please contact the sender directly.

----

  _____

No virus found in this message.