From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Fred Goldstein
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 11:31 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Fiber On Air (gigabit wireless)

At 10/26/2011 12:02 PM, Aali wrote:
>60 GHZ product (AR60X) is max 2.5 KM only. I just browsed their website.

It's not clear if that limit is hard (timing-based) or soft (loss-based).
If you're in a relatively dry area, and it's a soft limit, you might get a
bit of extra range.  But I suspect that only would apply in FE mode, not GE
mode, which needs more power.

I'd also check Dragonwave, whose brochures are behind a registration/mail
wall.  But reliable GE for that distance on microwave is a stretch.

The fSONA product is free space optical, not microwave.  It might do the job
but FSO requires a genuine, true, real line-of-sight path.

  --
  Fred Goldstein    k1io   fgoldstein "at" ionary.com
  ionary Consulting              http://www.ionary.com/

----