On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 09:19, Tony Iacopi <t...@razzolink.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately I would love to agree with Matt and the fact that I paid for
> the network so I should be able to do what I want with it, however, the way
> it is currently written, if you provide internet service (which I believe
> we
> all do) you are suppose to comply.  I also agree that it is a flagrant
> overreach for the FCC but until it is overruled it is in place.  Got to
> love
> the Governments "protection" of the small business owner.

The government isn't trying to protect the small business owner - they're
trying to protect the perceived interest of the majority of common citizens.

A majority of citizens are using bigger carriers (cable companies and
telcos), and that majority likely will benefit from these rules. Yes, it
kinda stinks for smaller businesses, but them's the breaks sometimes.

Anyone that has access to the members list care to comment on what WISPA is
doing to ease compliance for small ISPs?

David Smith
(definitely not speaking for) MVN.net