Yeah, and that's the thing I don't like about very specific questions because, honestly, who cares if you do as long as you understand the concept. If I'd say to someone 'what's the subnet mask for a /25' or something like that and they answered 'I don't remember off the top of my head but I can figure it out in 2 minutes if you give me some paper or a subnet calculator' I'd check it off as 'passed' - same deal with things like the Cisco questions if they answered 'Umm, I'd do show ip ospf then tab a couple of times until I found the right command, I don't remember exactly'

Troubleshooting questions are the gold ones, I don't remember off the top of my head all the syntax of how to build an access list to control prefix advertisement through BGP on a Cisco but I could tell you what you need to do to do it and I think that is way more important in a hire - do they know concepts and can they figure stuff out.