We offer residential unlimited VOIP service with fixed monthly billing
and use a provider who charges us a fixed cost per line. A new
customer would like an 800 number. Our voip provider can do it, but
will bill us per minute on that line. I don't want to have to manually
calculate charges each month for this one customer.

Is there some service that can provide me a fixed price toll-free
number that I could forward to a normal local number? Or should I just
come up with a bulk minute plan for the customer, say 1000 min/mo and
occasionally check their usage? Still manual work involved there.

What would they expect to pay from the telco for an 800 number, so I
can have a ballpark price in mind? I've never done anything with
toll-free numbers.

Thanks
Chris Fabien
LakeNet LLC