From: "Gerard Dupont III" <ger...@shelbybb.com>
To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 1:30:46 PM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Cogent?

Jim,

IPv6 is an interesting topic with Cogent. We're receiving >11k routes
from HE, Level3, and TWTC, but only ~8800 from Cogent. Cogent is not
providing full routes on IPv6 because they do not peer with HE.  Llast
time I asked they have no plans of doing anything about it.

I really wouldn't recommend anyone use Cogent as their sole provider.
Cogent only has a single route to/from many of their pops. For example
almost a month ago there was almost a week long outage in the New
Orleans market when their transit provider had a cut. Looking at their
network map shows multiple routes out of New Orleans though.

Overall I've been very pleased with the performance of their network.
Their support has been very knowledgeable and maintenance requests (ie
prefix updates) have been handled in less than an hour.

Gerard