Does unifi handle the portal/billing or is it just the wifi ap side of it?
It does seem like a well regarded system.

I found wireless orbit last night, looks like a nice solution for the
radius/billing side of it, coupled with a tik hotspot router.

We do have a vmware box in our NOC that we could use to host unifi
controller or a radius solution. I was trying to avoid that because our
guaranteed income from this project is not much and servers mean
maintenance/upkeep to me.