Where in GA are you? :)
Sounds like I need to come rent a boat...

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: ralph
  To: 'WISPA General List'
  Sent: Sunday, December 29, 2013 2:23 PM
  Subject: Re: [WISPA] Ethernet over power lines (notthe failedpower companyBPL
trials)

  That’s what I’m looking for, Jay.

  When I say “Master”, I mean the one functioning as the backhaul to my
network.

  One master on the pole (in the case of MuniWiFi enhancement)  (or in the
rafters of the covered dock in a marina application) and a number of slaves on
the boats or in housed, all on the same secondary.  Our marinas have
transformers on shore and 60-70 boat slips on the single phase secondary. I
could do the whole dock with 2 masters.

  Of course to have a n Ethernet manageable one would be the cat’s meow. Then
we could authorize the subscribers individually, like a CATV CMTS.

  But since  our network is run as a hotspot the size of half a state, they
still have to get past the captive portal anyway so that’s why Manageable is
just something really nice but not required.

  The WiFi works pretty well in the boats, but some of these yachts have
basements that the WiFi doesn’t get into or the boats are so big (120-150ft)
the coverage is poor.