Hi,

We have a small Alvarion VL 5.8GHz cell with two links of less than a mile.
Generally they are beautiful. However, since Dec 23, we are getting lots of
packet loss and high latency on almost all frequencies.

Every day we have to go through all the available frequencies in order to
find one which is tolerable. Usually there is only one frequency from
5740-5830MHz which is usable, and every day it changes, sometimes multiple
times during the day.

We have rebooted the AU to no avail and upgraded all devices to recent
firmware (6.5.7), all to no avail.

What do you think is happening? Perhaps someone turned up a device in the
area which is jamming most of 5.8GHz? But then why would the frequencies
shift every so often? I wonder if there is a particular wireless
manufacturer whose gear behaves like that.

Perhaps there is water in the connector of the AU? But then why do the
frequencies seem to shift around like this?

Any ideas welcome. The site is about 2 hours away so we're trying to avoid a
truck roll, otherwise would just swap gear / check weatherizing, etc. Maybe
there's no avoiding it though.

Thanks,

Adam