On 1/13/2014 11:28 AM, D. Ryan Spott wrote:
> For those of you that own towers or just know... What do HAM operators
> usually get charged for colocation?

No personal experience doing this, but as an old ham, I would be
surprised if many hams paid anything!  One of the core skills of hamdom
is talking your way onto the towers you need. ;-)  Or finding free
sites.  Note that ham radio is prohibited from doing anything
commercial, no revenue allowed at all.  (Ordering a pizza via autopatch
was very controversial until the FCC clarified it. Of course cell phones
made autopatches a lot less interesting.)  And it does provide public
safety.  So ham repeaters often got free access. But tend not to go onto
the big CMRS towers.

Not that I've had all that much contact with ham repeater owners outside
of this area in the years since I edited the 1976 World Atlas of Repeaters.

--
  Fred R. Goldstein      k1io     fred "at" interisle.net
  Interisle Consulting Group