From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Isaac Wilder
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 10:27 PM
To: wireless@wispa.org
Subject: [WISPA] Tower Seminars?

Long time subscriber, first time poster.

My name is Isaac Wilder. I'm one of the cofounders of the Free Network
Foundation, an NGO that supports user-owned telecommunications systems.

I'm writing to ask if any of you have recommendations for seminars/cert
programs for tower engineering (calculating loads, ballasts, guy
tension, assembly, grounding, testing). I am in the Kansas City area,
but could travel for the seminar. Something that ended with a cert would
be a plus, but the key thing is the know-how.

Also interested in climbing/rigging programs.

If I could get both in one place, that would be great, but it's not a
requirement.
We're a small org, and operate on a shoestring, so price is a factor,
but obviously safety/quality comes first.

Looking for reccomendations, but would also like to know if there are
folks to avoid.
Any guidance you can give would be greatly appreciated.

with gratitude,
Isaac Wilder
Director, The Free Network Foundation
www.thefnf.org