From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On
Behalf Of Robert
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2014 11:31 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Solar powered repeater kit

Yes,
        We got a pair of 100 Watt panels at a great price off newegg.com  ,
no shipping, which for solar panels was a deal maker! Only used one panel.
  We build the mounts with Home Depot Superstrut and 1" conduit. ~$50 We
used

http://thesolarstore.com/charge-controllers-charge-controllers-morningstar-p
rostar-charge-controller-volt-p-455.html
  ~$100

And a Walmart 124 Amp hour battery...  ~$100

Good for 1.4 weeks no sun..   We use Mikrotik so we get remote voltage
that way, use a 750UP for that with UBNT, but be sure and correct the
voltage on your monitoring...   You are working off 12V so you have to
worry about your amperage through the 750UP, but with UBNT gear that
shouldn't be a problem..  MT radios are a problem at 12V...   So we use
a 12->24V converter.  ($70)

We put it in a Walmart plastic tub.  The one that is strong enough to stand
on. ~$30

We figured we saved about $400 vs buying a pre-built solution.  More like
$700 over Tycon's solution.

Panels were $299 for 2 they are still there.  But just saw this which is a
good deal too!

Complete Solar Kit 200W: 2pcs 100W Solar Panels+20' Solar cable in
Pair+PWM 30A Charge Controller+2 Sets Z Brackets+MC4 Branch Connectors
Pair+Pair

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA29R0RA4028