From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On Behalf
Of heith
Sent: Friday, June 6, 2014 15:59
To: wireless@wispa.org
Subject: [WISPA] 4g router device

A while back in Vegas Baltic Networks had a mikrotik router that operated on
Verizon or Sprint. We were told it could be used for a back up at a remote site
if you lost standard access through your regular network. In the past week I
have had 2 ranchers hit me for a solution where they could check their water
tanks with camera. The ranch property is leased ground so there is no standard
wireline or wisp in the area and is way out of our service area.

Has anyone done anything similar to this? From what we gathered it would use an
existing cell plan for the data usage. I also heard that it could be used on
Verizon & Sprint, but AT&T may be an issue. These places all have power at the
tank/pumps, so we were just thinking a ubnt camera and this device, maybe a
small battery backup, but we were just unsure if the router was a viable
product for this application

Thanks
heith