The Cell data Rate plans can get expensive.... if that is not an issue, yes
this will work.

However you can also consider building them a small network using 900mhz eg to
view the camera or tie this to their existing internet (home or nearby) .

Just a thought.

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet & Telecom
7266 SW 48 Street