We have many customers near the coast, and we have a pile of Canopy 100 900 MHz
radios that rusted off their mounts due to corrosion. Another pile has units
where the Ethernet connectors essentially *rotted* because the installers did
not use silicon grease inside the units on the back of the ethernet conenctors
and polyphenyl ether on the connectors itself.

So while "waterproof" may not be crucial, being rated and used for the
particular purpose is.

Daniel Mullen
Island Telecom

Matt Hoppes <mhop...@indigowireless.com> wrote ..