From: wireless-boun...@wispa.org [mailto:wireless-boun...@wispa.org] On Behalf
Of Colton Conor
Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2016 2:57 PM
To: WISPA General List <wireless@wispa.org>
Subject: [WISPA] DNS Name Resolver for WISP

What dns name solvers do you use to hand out to your customers via DHCP and
why? Today we just hand out Google's 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as a name resolvers. I
recently learned about OpenDNS's free service for homes where a home user can
monitor and potentially block certain websites, but that would require the home
to signup at open dns, and then enter open DNS in their router. However if we
handed out OpenDNS's IPs instead of googles, and provided a gateway, then that
would remove that step of the client having to enter opendns IPs into their
router right?

Does OpenDNS have a service for ISP's? That gives us insight as to where
traffic on our network is heading based dns lookups? I know about Netflow etc,
but doing this though DNS seems like a cool option as well. We wouldn't want to
block anything as an ISP, but it would be useful to know the top visited site
by our customers is facebook.com<http://facebook.com> for example.

If not OpenDNS, then is there some other hosted DNS service for ISP's?