There has been a lot of talk about network performance both just by itself as
well as compared to other products, but one thing I would be interested in
hearing more discussion on -- assuming Baicells allows for it at this point --
is the configuration and management interface(s).  Perhaps these UIs are in too
embryonic a form currently for a productive discussion or a fair analysis to
take place, and Baicells may be trying to concentrate this phase of the trial
more on correct MAC function and performance.  But as somebody who is intrigued
by the idea of running a few of these side-by-side with a competing product on
a heterogeneous (vendor-wise) 3GPP network with our own core, it would be good
to know what we are up against as far as ongoing monitoring and maintenance
goes, since it's presumably a given that we aren't going to be able to use our
existing vendor's NMS (for example) to monitor and control these.  Sooo...what
does management look like at this point, what kinds of stats can you collect,
and what mechanisms can you use to extract and collect them?  Do operators
using these ENBs feel somewhat blind at this point or are you able to track all
of the performance indicators that you feel you need in order to be able to
diagnose issues?

As far as commissioning one of these ENBs goes, I would also be interested to
know more about what that entails, especially given the claim of "4G Easy as
WiFi."  So what does that mean in practice, exactly?  I admit I was a little
disheartened to hear that at this point, in order to configure an ENB to send
traffic to your own PGW, a Baicells engineer apparently has to remote into the
thing to make the change for you.  I'm hoping that this is a temporary
limitation while they continue to work on the (beta) software and that this
isn't a permanent state of affairs or indicative of the direction they are
going, because as Patrick himself said during his ISP Radio interview, "we all
like to drive our own cars."  The goal of simplicity is a great one from both a
"customer sat" and support perspective, so long as while you are chasing it you
don't abandon or significantly hamper flexibility, restrict freedoms, and/or
increase one's dependence on a third-party for every little thing.

-- Nathan