Art:

We have actually went through this process and here is the documentation for
the setup from our docs server, hope it helps:

1.     Login to the virtualization host as root where this image will be
initially built and run the following commands to download the image and
prepare it for installation in our Proxmox environment:

mkdir cnMaestro

cd cnMaestro

lynx https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/cnmaestro/ # Login and download
OVA image

tar -xvf *.ova

qemu-img convert -f vmdk cnmaestro-on-premises_1.2.1-r1_amd64-disk1.vmdk -O
qcow2 qcowdisk.qcow2

2.     The using the Proxmox UI create a virtual machine with the following
system specs:

Item

Value

Name

cor-cnm-00.excel.net

OS

Linux 4.x /3.x / 2.6 Kernel

CD / DVD

Do not use any media

Hard Disk

Bus: IDE, Storage: zfdStorage, Size: 80

CPU

Sockets: 2, Cores: 2

Memory

Fixed: 4096

Network

Bridged mode, Model: Intel E1000

Hardware

Display: VMware compatible (vmware)

3.     We now need to get the disk image into the newly created virtual machine
using the following commands as root from the folder created above:

modprobe nbd max_part=63

qemu-nbd -c /dev/nbd0 /root/cnMaestro/qcowdisk.qcow2

dd if=/dev/nbd0 of=/dev/zvol/Storage/vm-NNN-disk-1 bs=1M # Replace NNN with the
actual vmid for machine created in last step, this will take a while

4.     Fire it up using the Proxmox console.  It will initially have some
issues waiting for network configuration, do not worry and just wait it out.
Once booted login to the console using the username of cambium and password of
cnmaestro.

5.     At the Operations menu setup the Network and Password options as
appropriate for the environment and then Reboot the server to make sure it
comes up with the new settings.

6.     Immediately login to the WebUI using the username admin and password
admin.  Change the password and create a second administrator account for
access!  NOTE: Google Chrome seems to have issues with the site.

7.     At this point the server is up and running as needed.

Larry A. Weidig ( <mailto:lwei...@excel.net> lwei...@excel.net)

Excel.Net, Inc. –  <http://www.excel.net/> http://www.excel.net/

(920) 452-0455 – Sheboygan/Plymouth area

(888) 489-9995 – Other areas, toll-free