We have a $5/mo vacation hold plan with no internet, and a $10/mo vacation
monitoring plan that provides 256k.    It’s enough for the guys who want to
look at a photo once in a while or check an alarm system / thermostat.

We limit either plan to less than 6 months/year - you have to be on a ‘normal’
plan the rest of the time.

We used to let them suspend it for no charge but that caused issues with us
‘forgetting’ the customer even existed.  By having a charge for the suspended
service we notice if/when they stop paying.

Mark