Think short distance, few meters to few hundred meters ...
Think fat pipes..
Think small CPE mounted out side the house...

Fiber drop to a home might be cheaper under certain specific settings...
buy mounting outdoor small cpe is going to win in most urban and major metro
areas.

Regards

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet & Telecom