Hello,

We're setting up service in an MDU that has coax home-runs to each unit,
but no Ethernet.  Normally in such situations, we deliver internet access
wirelessly via access points in the hallways.  Increasingly, however,
interference and bandwidth expectations are making this solution less
effective.

So, we're looking for recommendations for an Ethernet-over-Coax solution.
It absolutely must inject onto a cable already carrying broadcast TV
signals.  We'd prefer a simple point-to-point solution, rather than a hub
that simulates a switch, so that security between subscribers isn't based
on firmware that was designed for (say) security cameras.

I see inexpensive devices along these lines that are designed for Cable or
Satellite TV signals, but no indication whether they would clobber
broadcast TV signals.  Any suggestions?

Daniel Harling  <><
Engineering, Cape Ann Communications
183 Main Street, Gloucester, MA  01930