Hello,

I had already made the proposal to Gerald some time ago and I'm really ok
with this proposal.

I started using git three years ago and even if the underlying concepts are
slightly different from cvs/svn, once we're used to it, it is not possible
to go back to cvs/svn. I've introduced it in my previous company and if at
the beginning, there were some people doubting about the advantages of git,
now they are *all loving* this tool and there is no one wanting to go back
to cvs/svn.

Git support for windows improved a lot since its start and turtoise seems to
work quite well now (I'm though not a windows user).
If git is not well-suited for windows, there exists another one which is
really similar - developed at the same time by another kernel developer -
called mercury (hg).

At last, it is possible to interact between git and svn with ... git-svn. It
is what I'm doing for wireshark, it is not the ideal but it works pretty
well.

[]s,
Sebastien