Hello Guy,
yes, exactly for the following two reasons from your post:
" you're adding support for a newly-assigned LINKTYPE value, here's how you
do it" and "... it doesn't give more details on the namespace for wtap.*
values..." I suggest maybe expanding the documentation to cover them.
As for OpenBSD, so what, is there really some #ifdef for this special case
buried somewhere in the code or how is it handled?

Kind Regards
Ariel Burbaickij