Hello Guy,
> People adding *dissector* support for a new WTAP_ENCAP do not need to
know about it, other than "don't use the LINKTYPE numerical value when
registering in the >wtap_encap dissector table".
this type of issue is IMHO better solved through having a link to a more
in-depth explanation if somebody cares/wants/has to read it rather than
deciding for them beforehand what they need to know and what they don't. In
my example as dissector writer I do not care too much obviously why it
happened once I hooked up properly to wtap_encap but in retrospect it was
interesting to understand why I spent some half a day in vain trying to
utilize "user_dlt"  ;-).

Kind Regards
Ariel Burbaickij