This has nothing to do with witango, so apologies. I can't figure out how to troubleshoot, so maybe someone has a clue ....

I used Dreamweaver to manage sites. There is a check in/check out function. Your username and email address are associated with files you've checked out.

For one whole directory, the http server sends back the check-out id instead of files. No file gets served at all. Restarting the server doesn't matter. Somehow, Dreamweaver has a file someplace that gets sent instead. Any ideas how to discover what the issue is?