what I don't get is that there is an architecture for handling errors in a
custom fashion by pointing to an error file. A placeholder file is installed by
default.  Just if you put anything in that file, the server crashes. Is that a
bug in the server, or was Bill Conlon's code somehow a wrong approach?

Roland A. Dumas
310 W. Bellevue Ave.
San Mateo, CA 94402
415-412-9300