And that is what I have tried in my example but for some reason while the installutil actions are being performed (see InstallUtilFail.txt) the ‘assemblypath’ value changes from this location on the file system to a GAC–like location (when as you say the GACing of the assembly should come later on) and the installutil operation fails because it is not in the GAC yet

From: Bob Arnson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 11 July 2006 16:52
To: Simon Burgess
Cc: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] InstallUtil and GACing the same assembly

Simon Burgess wrote:

What I was trying to do therefore was to author one <Component> to install the dll to an arbitrary location on the file system and run installutil on it there, then a second <Component> to install the dll to the GAC . Should deferred custom actions be able to use the assemblies I have installed to the file system?

Yes. In that case, they're just files.

--
sig://boB
http://bobs.org